Saturday, August 22, 2026
Cops Gone Wild: Former RCSO deputy pleads guilty to attempting misconduct in public office, battery
Milana Doné
![]() |
Jonathan Bechman, left, talks with his attorney, Daniel Adams, during a plea/sentencing hearing Friday. Lauren Sklba, TMJ4, pool photoRACINE — A former Racine County Sheriff's Office deputy has been found guilty in connection to allegations of domestic abuse and using law enforcement resources to track his wife. Jonathan Bechman, 48, was charged in May with one count of attempting misconduct in public office (act in excess of lawful authority) and two counts of misdemeanor battery with a domestic abuse modifier. Bechman pleaded guilty Friday to all three charges and was sentenced to six months in jail with work release and three years of probation. He also was sentenced to 27 months in jail imposed and stayed, meaning Bechman will not serve that time unless he violates the terms of his probation. According to a criminal complaint, Bechman's wife told Mount Pleasant investigators about two specific incidents of domestic violence and alleged there had been ongoing violence throughout their marriage. A forensic download of Bechman's phone reportedly revealed statements in the Notes app admitting violence toward his wife. After reporting to the police, Bechman's wife moved out of state. An RCSO employee reported that there were documents on Bechman's desk that indicated he had been using police resources to locate her. The documents were not in connection to a criminal investigation or official duties and were against policy, the complaint said. Bechman's wife told the court Friday that it was difficult to report her experience because of Bechman's position and that he pushed the boundaries of a restraining order to control her without technically committing a violation. "He knows exactly how far he can go without being arrested," she said. She asked the court to sentence Bechman to jail time. "I lived in fear for decades and believe there must finally be consequences for what happened to me," she said. Bechman also made a statement to the court, apologizing for his actions and noting that he is trying to work on himself. "I'm haunted by this every day," he said. He also addressed those in law enforcement in connection to the count of misconduct while in office. "I betrayed your trust and our mission," Bechman said. Recent stories by Racine Journal Times reporter Milana Doné |
Kindergarten vaccine exemptions at record levels, CDC says
Flock camera sabotage grows amid privacy concerns
Commutations in Wisconsin, considered for first time in decades | FOX6 News Milwaukee
'He is unfit to lead': New Berlin mayor under fire after anti-Muslim Facebook posts
Friday, August 21, 2026
Philadelphia police say they identified man accused of terrorizing people with mask
Inside Disney and ABC's First Amendment rights as they sue FCC over early license renewal
U.S. Army phases out new drone battalion, despite being far behind in drone race
Town of Somers animal mistreatment case, woman faces 15 charges | FOX6 News Milwaukee
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Racine Farmers Market on the Lake hosting Corn Fest on Aug. 22
Milana Doné
RACINE — The Racine Farmers Market on the Lake will feature Corn Fest on Aug. 22.
The festival is dedicated to Wisconsin-grown sweet corn, local farmers and family fun.
Market shoppers can celebrate a favorite summer food while enjoying fresh, locally grown corn and learning about the farmers who bring it from the field to the community. Market vendors will be sharing how they use corn in their products.
The event is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is free and the first 300 people at the market will receive free roasted corn from Roberts Produce.
"Sweet corn is one of those foods that just screams Wisconsin summer," Racine Farmers Market Manager Dawn Carrillo said. "We wanted to create a fun celebration around something our farmers grow so well — and give our customers another reason to come out, shop local and enjoy the market."
The market's Taste It Tent will feature fresh raw corn for shoppers to sample. Kids can join the fun by searching for hidden corn-painted rocks throughout the market for a chance to win bags of kettle corn.
Racine Farmers Market on the Lake takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday through Oct. 24 at Festival Park.
Recent stories by Racine Journal Times reporter Milana Doné
Cops Gone Wild: Brevard Deputy of the Year quits after ‘egregious misconduct’ exposed
Trump touts White House renovations amid war with Iran
Woman Turns Tables On Alleged Peeping Tom In Kids’ Clothing Store
Cops Gone Wild: Racine County Sheriff's Office Flock misuse, investigator suspended | FOX6 News Milwaukee
Cops Gone Wild: Former Kenosha deputy charged with misusing Flock database
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Details on Meta trial over child social media addiction claims
Oil prices rise to highest levels since July as Iran war continues
Crime in Washington, D.C., down to lowest level since 2010 since Trump's crackdown
Congressman claims Milwaukee ballot drop swung election, but real-time totals show that's not true
Wisconsin governor race: Candidates mostly agree on data center guardrails | FOX6 News Milwaukee
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Melania Trump keeping lower profile in her second term as first lady
Inside the growing movement to ban weather modification
Trump takes aim at longtime ally Oman as Strait of Hormuz remains gridlocked
Protests grow over Flock camera use in communities
Measles in Wisconsin, cases rising as school season approaches | FOX6 News Milwaukee
7 arrested, officer hit at Wisconsin State Fair on final night
Monday, August 17, 2026
Caledonia man accused of child exploitation, soliciting teen for prostitution
Milana Doné
RACINE — A 78-year-old Caledonia man has been accused of child prostitution and exploitation of a girl between 2011 and 2014.
Richard Betchkal was charged Thursday with one count of second-degree sexual assault of a child, one count of soliciting a child for prostitution, one count of child sexual exploitation — filming, one count of child sexual exploitation — produce or perform and 11 counts of possession of child pornography.
According to a criminal complaint, an investigator with the Caledonia Police Department received a statement in June from a 30-year-old woman alleging that Betchkal was threatening to distribute explicit photos of her as a teenager.
The woman told law enforcement that she met Betchkal around May 2012 when she was 15 and he was about 64 through a website for soliciting prostitution, the complaint said.
Investigators searched Betchkal’s phone and found an explicit photo of the woman from 2013. Investigators also found a video camera with numerous photos and videos of child sexual abuse material.
Betchkal reportedly admitted knowing the woman and reportedly told law enforcement that he would pay her for sexual acts and record the acts on a camcorder.
Betchkal initially appeared in court Friday, where his cash bond was set at $75,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 26.





